National Presenter – Bernie Spedding
Bernie Spedding has been involved in gymnastics from 12 years old. She began gymnastics at Engadine Gymnastics Club and after she left school, Bernie stopped training at the gym but returned to Engadine as a coach in the early 80s.
She is passionate about gymnastics across a broad range of ages and activities, including Team Gym – especially its inclusivity and flexibility.
- Notable achievements from her long association with gymnastics
Gymnastics Coach & WG Judge 30+ Years / MG Judge / Team Gym Judge
- Currently Head Coach at Engadine Gymnastics Club (30+ years)
- Programs currently coaching - Kindergym, Rec gym, WG, MG, Team Gym, Move for Life and Schools
- Nominated Gymnastics NSW GfA Coach of the Year 2012
- Awarded Gymnastics Australia – Volunteer of the Year GfA 2015-2016
- Awarded GNSW GfA Coach of the Year 2016
- Currently GNSW GfA SMC - Team Gym Co-Ordinator.
- Currently GfA National Commission – Programs 13+ - Team Gym Initiative
- Competed in Team Gym Nationals-2016 (at National Clubs) – Team received GOLD.
- Presents Team Gym workshops across Australia
Bernie was also recently honoured as Heathcote electorate’s (NSW) Woman of the Year. For many decades Bernie has dedicated her life to the teaching, performance and administration of gymnastics and we are looking forward to have her with us to share her passion for gymnastics!