Providing technical direction to the broader gymsport community in the ACT.
Other areas of involvement include planning around the State Events Calendar, State Development Squads, State Teams, and key roles in events delivery.
For further information refer to the GACT Gymsports Committee By-Law.
What sort of people do the Gymsport Committee’s need?
Gymsport Committee members need to have a good understanding of their gymsport but this can be from a number of different perspectives – coaching, judging, high performance, grassroots participation, events, parent, athlete, club committee member.
Generally Gymsport Committee members need to have strong organisational skills, demonstrate objectivity/impartiality, knowledge of the rules and regulations of their gymsport, excellent communications skills and a passion/interest to influence the direction and running of their gymsport in the ACT.
For further information refer to the Desirable Requirements for Positions (below).
How often do the Gymsports Committees meet?
The number of Gymsport Committee meetings depends on the needs of the gymsport, but there will be at least 3 (three) meetings per year, to be agreed upon by the members of the Gymsport Committee together with GACT.
How long would I be on the Committee for?
Gymsport Committee members are appointed on an annual basis. The term of office for each of the Gymsport Committee members will be one year – 2018 Gymsport Committee terms will apply from 1 March 2018 until 28 February 2019.
What is the appointment process?
The appointment process for Gymsport Committee members is as follows:
- The GACT office will call for nominations from the ACT Gymnastics community (deadline 12 February 2018);
- To nominate for any position on any Gymsport Committee, the individual must complete the 2018 GACT Gymsport Committee Nomination Form and submit it with all supporting information at https://form.jotform.co/80148324447860 by the deadline of Monday 12 February 2018.
- GACT and GA will review all nominations received, in consultation with relevant members of the gymnastics community where necessary;
- The GA CEO will make recommendations for Gymsport Committee membership to the GACT Board; and
- The GACT Board will consider the recommendations made and endorse or otherwise the GA CEO’s recommendations.
For further information refer to the GACT Gymsports Committee By-Law and the Desirable Requirements for Positions (below).
To nominate for any position on any GACT Gymsport Committee, please fill in the Nomination Form at https://form.jotform.co/80148324447860 and submit CV or supporting documentation.
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS: Monday 12 February 2018
Desirable Requirements for Positions