2019 National Affiliation Standards
The following is a list of Affiliation Standards which can be used as a checklist prior to application. The Club must at all times comply with the Affiliation Standards and warrants that at the time of applying for Affiliation the Club complies with the Affiliation Standards.
- The club complies at all times with the Terms and Conditions of Affiliation
- All of the club's participants are registered (utilising the correct codes) with the relevant State/Territory Association and Gymnastics Australia in accordance with the National Membership Database Policy and the State Membership Policy.
- The club maintains ongoing registration and compliance as an entity with all relevant legal requirements.
- The club accepts and complies with its State/Territory Association and Gymnastics Australia’s Constitution, Regulations and Policies, including but not limited to:
- All child safe requirements and current Working With Children Checks (however named in the Club's jurisdiction) for all staff and volunteers (paid or unpaid) of the club are conducted and in place in accordance with State/Territory Legislation. The club confirms that it is responsible for complying with all National and relevant State/Territory child safe laws.
- Each individual Owner and Operator (as those terms are defined in the Terms and Conditions of Affiliation) must be, in the opinion of Gymnastics Australia and the State/Territory Association, a fit and proper person to discharge the duties and responsibilities and exercise the rights and privileges associated with their role as Owner or Operator of an Affiliated club. In determining whether an individual Owner or Operator is a fit and proper person for the purposes of Affiliation Standard 6, Gymnastics Australia and the State/Territory Association may take into account any factor they consider relevant, including but not limited to the following:
- An Owner or Operator's criminal history, including any sexual offences, drug-related conduct (including possession, use, sale or any other drug-related offences), assault causing serious injury, and any other relevant serious criminal conduct;
- any disciplinary proceedings brought against an Owner or Operator by an employer, sporting organisation or similar body; and
- any complaint received by Gymnastics Australia or a State Association from any person.
- The club (except in the instance where the club is a school*) will maintain membership forms for all registered participants / members and will include provision for the members' medical and emergency contact information. My club will ensure that the membership form contains words to the effect that the participant/member is a member of Gymnastics Australia and their State Association and will be bound by all rules, regulations, policies and procedures of Gymnastics Australia and the State Association:
Storage of these membership forms and any other personal information, including medical information must be secure and disclosure and storage must comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and other applicable State/Territory requirements.
*meaning schools or school providers who deliver gymnastics to enrolled students only as part of a school organised program and where all students personal and medical details are on file with the school.
- The club will comply with any request by GA and or the State/Territory Association for access to club and or participant information .
- The club will have at least one administrator who has attended the GA/Bravehearts Child Safe Webinar.
- The club will implement a Member Protection Information Officer procedure in accordance with the MPIO Principles and implementation timeline. The MPIO will not be an Owner or Operator, or a person who otherwise holds a senior management role or ownership of the Club.
- The Club meets each of its legal employment obligations, including the appropriate level of WorkCover insurance.
- All the club's gymnastics activities are conducted by an appropriately-accredited coach currently registered as a Technical Member with Gymnastics Australia and formally linked to the club through the National Database.
"Appropriately accredited" means the coach holds the accreditation to coach the relevant Gymsport in accordance with the Gymnastics Australia skills matrix for the particular activities.
- Lesson Plans, consistent with the formats endorsed by Gymnastics Australia, are prepared and used by all coaches for all classes. The Lesson Plans must be accessible and referred to by the coach during the class and must then be held on file for a minimum 5 years by the club for any future reference.
- Coaches and administrators are aware of and utilise correct manual handling techniques in accordance with State/Territory Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- The club adheres to and utilises an equipment safety procedure consistent with the GA Equipment Safety Principles. Completion and submission of an equipment checklist is required in accordance with the relevant State/Territory Association.
- The club has an injury report procedure, including an injury report form, both of which are accessible during all gymnastics activities. All injuries will be documented in accordance with the injury report procedure.
- The club’s General Liability Insurance meets the National Insurance Standards
- The club maintains ongoing compliance with the below venue safety requirements:
- safety rules are on display within all club venues;
- a suitably trained Chief Warden is appointed;
- trial evacuation exercises (Fire Drills) are conducted at least twice per year;
- at least one currently qualified First Aider, qualified in line with the Coach Education Framework and Accreditation Policy, is on site and accessible during all gymnastics activities;
- a fully equipped, regularly maintained First Aid Kit is on site and accessible during all gymnastics activities' and
- a working telephone either landline or mobile is on site and accessible during all gymnastics activities and emergency contact numbers are on display near the handset or another prominent place.
To assist clubs to comply with the National Standards and to help them assess and compare their current documentation, Gymnastics Australia, in partnership with State Associations, has developed a series of Affiliation Resources
within their Club 10 Program. For access to these resources please contact your local Club 10 Officer